Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not a girly girl. Not even close. I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times I’ve put on make-up in the past year. Unless Blistex counts – because I’m addicted to it. Actually, the only make-up I own is from high school. I have blue eye shadow from my freshman year high school homecoming dance. It’s probably not even good anymore, but I keep it around for good measure. I once had to buy mascara (I thought it would make me look more mature on job interviews) and called my dad from the store asking what the hell the difference between ‘black’ and ‘blackest black’ was. He didn’t know either, for the record. I don’t know how to walk in heels, and I don’t pretend to either. The highest heels I own are under an inch tall. I don’t own a hair straightener. If my hair dryer doesn’t do the trick, my hair is probably going to be curly. Actually, 90% of the time, I just pull my hair back into a bun and go to work with my hair still wet. I just don’t have the will power to wake up 30 minutes earlier to do this shit!
So… it’s probably no surprise that I don’t get my hair done either. I don’t feel like keeping it up. Salons are freakin’ expensive! And I’m lazy. Good thing my hair grows like grass, right? I was talking to my friend Jess today about hair, and she actually just did a similar post – so I thought I’d share my hair journey here because I think it’s funny. (And pssh to you if you don’t – but for real, I have some funny pictures)
- Baby me: Blonde little curls
- Elementary School me: Inspired by the Hanson brothers and MMMBop apparently
- 10th grade me: Obviously too lazy to do anything useful. (Also sportin’ a belly shirt. Nice)
- 11th grade me: Only haircut I’ll get for the next 6+ years. Also the only time I’ve ever colored my hair. Everyone kept going blonde, so I decided to fight back and go brunette.
- Senior me: Back to blonde and starting to let it grow…
- Collegiate Senior me: Obviously didn’t get a hair cut since the last picture about 4 years prior. WTF. Why did I let my hair get this long!??!?
- Smarter Collegiate Senior me: Finally a haircut (and my natural curls). 14 inches donated.
- 1 year later me: Seriously, like grass – it won’t stop growing.
On another note…
Thursday Work-out: Run
- 4.85 miles in 42:53 (8:50 min/mile)
- I did the first 2 miles at 8:30 min/mile and then slowed down because of the insane humidity and a weird pain in my right leg.
- I think I need to stop neglecting my runs and just get out there in the heat so my body gets more accustomed to it.
- I really need to work on being able to run longer than 2 miles at a decent pace. This will require me to actually run longer… ugh.
Any suggestions on how to keep up with my hair without spending a fortune?
Any suggestions as to a new hairstyle?!