Stressed out doesn’t even begin to describe my current situation. [Sorry for the blogging rant right here] But honestly, I have been completely on edge for about a solid week now. I have no appetite, my heart feels like it’s going to beat out of my chest, and I’m too anxious to sleep. ARGGGGHHHHHH. I need a serious change in my life. ASAP, please.
I really needed to work-out to calm myself down, so despite everything going on with work, I forced myself to get to the gym for some serious stress relief. I wish I knew of a kick-boxing class or just boxing for that matter. I’d like to punch
someone something. I mean, I suppose I could down a bottle of blueberry wine to calm down too… but that’s probably a poor choice.
Re-cap of my work-outs:
Monday: Lift + Spin + Abs
- I don’t remember exactly how the spin work-out went… but I remember doing a solid set of high intensity intervals!
- 5x [15 sec sprint, 15 sec rest, 30 sec jumps, 15 sec rest]
- For lifting, I actually added some weight this time – I’m not trying to “bulk up” but I do want more definition, so hopefully the extra weight does the trick.
- Run – Total of 4.5 miles
- 3.4 slow miles outside at 9:03 min/mile
- 1.1 miles on the treadmill at 10:00 min/mile, increasing the incline 0.5% every 0.1 miles
- Lift – Upper Body
- Spin ~50 min
- Some rolling hills that included seated and standing climbs with 20 sec pushes built in
- 2 min x [Jumps, Seated Climb, Standing Climb, 20 sec Push, Standing Climb, Seated Climb, Standing Run]
- 3 min Standing Climb, 1:30 Sprint, 3 min Standing Climb, 1:30 Standing Run
- 4:02 of 4 jumps + 15 second rest [The song ‘Jump’ by Van Halen happens to be 4:02]