I wanna be famous, I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies…
Scratch that, how about I wanna have a job that I don’t hate? I mean, I think that sounds simple enough. So here’s where you come in. I need options as to what to do with my life because what I’m doing isn’t working out. I love health / fitness / science. I’m seriously at a loss for ideas, so if you have a job you love – please tell me what it is and why you love it. Thanks ❤
For perspective: I have a B.S. in Biotechnology and a minor in Microbiology from Penn State. I LOVED learning about these subjects in school, but it didn’t translate into the real world. Real world labs are monotonous, unexciting, and experiments generally fail. So you repeat them (over and over and over and over…) So I moved into a healthcare consulting type of position – which is where I am now – and this is just NOT an environment that I thrive in. It’s also about an hour commute from my home – and I would rather have that time to do something more productive than drive 70 miles. I think I would enjoy a position where I interacted with / helped people and didn’t have to spend so much time in front of a computer. (Unless I’m blogging :))
- RD? (Thanks Anne for your insight!)
- Personal Trainer?
- This picture totally doesn’t fit in with any of my dialogue, but I was quite impressed with how my nails (and toenails) happened to look cute with my dress… and even match my yogurt. ha [Random]
In other news – I finally dragged my ass out of bed early yesterday to beat the heat and got in an awesome pool workout before 7:30am. I always love getting my work-out in early, but I cannot force myself to wake up at 5:30 every morning… ugh. I’ll work on that.
Thursday’s Swim Work-Out
- 200 SKIPS [200x each Swim, Kick, IM, Pull, Swim]
- 5 x 200 Pull on 3:00
- 5 x 100 Swim [Odd: Sprint on the 1:30, try to touch in under 1:15. Even: Easy on 2:00]
- 100 SKIPS [100x each Swim, Kick, IM, Pull, Swim]
- Total= 3000 yards in just under an hour
- Flowers apparently don’t like 100 degree heat
Luckily today is Friday (Cue Rebecca Black) – and one of my best friends from Penn State is coming down to visit 🙂 And then Sunday is my 32-mile bike ride with a lot of Spin class friends! Bring on the weekend!! (Oh wait, I still have to get through work…)