Chances are you found my blog because you’re interested in healthy living, fitness, and maybe even trying a triathlon (!) … but that could have led you to a number of blogs out there in the blogosphere – so why follow me?
I am a 20-something, recently married, working woman living in the suburbs of Philadelphia! (Downingtown shout-out!)
I love running/biking/swimming. I can’t pick a favorite, so I’ve just decided to do all three.
I am also a pescetarian (basically, a vegetarian who can’t imagine life without tuna and salmon and sushi…) I do my best to stay clear of processed foods, and I try not to over-indulge in the delicacies of baked goods – but I definitely leave room for dessert in my daily life. Don’t worry – I’m not here to tell you that you should give up meat and start shopping at Whole Foods to buy organic produce or anything. I’m simply here to share stories about my experiences and leave all the decisions up to you! In fact, my husband has made his own decision about food: Bring on all the meat, grease, and desserts you can find! I’m sure many of you can relate. Talk about a challenge.
Also, like many of you, I’m currently working full-time, which has its own obvious challenges when it comes to finding time to work out/blog/do anything other than eat and sleep. Factor in a 2-hour daily commute and 8 hours in an office – I am literally sitting for 10 hours a day. (10 hours, really? That even pains me to type. Ugh) But in order to feel any kind of good about myself, I make time for the things I love.
Well it’s 2011 and I just discovered the world of blogging (technologically advanced right here)… but now that I’ve found these amazing healthy living blogs – I’m hooked! (Literally, I check them constantly) Healthy living isn’t exactly a common thread between me and most of my closest friends, so finding this outlet to read about and connect with other people who share my interests has been a life saver. I am so inspired by some of these amazing women and hopefully by sharing all of my adventures in fitness here, I can help inspire you to achieve any of your healthy living goals – as big or small as they may be.
What You’ll Find Here
- A peak into my life as I try to balance work, healthy living, and being a newlywed in the suburbs of Philly (Let the games begin)
- Re-caps of my daily work-outs (I’ll be as specific as possible if anyone feels like they might want to try it)
- Race Re-caps (Everything from 5K’s to Half-Marathons to Triathlons to Bike Rides… I love racing)
- Someone who follows a perfect diet / work-out regimen (I love dessert and rest days too much to pretend they won’t happen)
- Pictures of every single meal I eat (unless you want to see a tupper-wear container of last night’s left-overs on my office desk?)
- Any kind of pressure/guilt about how you should eat (You want to eat meat? Be my guest!)
- A professional athlete (I’m not trying to break any world records here, so hopefully my best is good enough for you)
Who You’ll Find Here
Steve: My amazing husband and support-system. He might not embrace the healthy eating part of my lifestyle, but he’s now starting to enjoy the fitness aspect. Stay tuned as we push each other to our limits and compete in triathlons, 5ks, marathons, and whatever other exciting race presents itself. He also has mentioned doing some guest posts – probably on how a carnivore and a vegetarian can live together in peace
Mogli: My kitten and my constant source of entertainment. Honestly, most of my laughs throughout the day are because of this little guy. I’m sure he’ll make his way into some of my posts